Next HOA meeting will be held June 30, 2014. See posted signs for details.
Woodlake Garden Patio Homes 2014 Annual Meeting
Place Held: 1515 Williamsburg Square
Date: March 19, 2014
Meeting called to order at 7:16 p.m.
Officers present: Nancy Ross, President; Allen Wright, Secretary; Lin Williams, Treasurer; Brenda Hosegood, Director; Pat Wagner, Director. There were a total of 4 residents present, and several proxies – enough to satisfy a quorum.
The Minutes of the 2013 Annual meeting was read and moved to be accepted as read by Lin Williams, seconded by Brenda Hosegood.
Treasurer’s Report was given with a notation that all assessments were up to date as well as all recurring bills were paid to date. Report moved to be accepted by Brenda, seconded by Allen.
The Quarterly Newsletter was discussed with favorable responses from all residents as well as a good report from neighboring subdivisions that had seen a copy. The newsletter is compiled and formatted on a volunteer basis; printing costs are $50.00 per quarter, with discounts applied when available. It was the consensus that we should continue the newsletter distribution.
Next, Krystal gave a brief demonstration of our Website with its many features and constant updating of current information. There was also a reminder that the minutes of meetings and The Deed Restrictions and By Laws are always available on the website. Krystal keeps the website updated as to events that affect our neighborhood, emergency as well informational phone numbers, that are always helpful. Again, this service is provided by Krystal free of charge and with many hours invested.
The installation of officers was next on the agenda. After some suggestions, acceptance and retractions, the Board of Directors for 2014 will be: Allen Wright, Nancy Ross, Pat Wagner, Brenda Hosegood and Lin Williams. The appointment of the offices to be held by these Directors will be determined at the next regularly held meeting.
The future installation of a Beautification Award was brought up for discussion. It was determined that an outline of such a program would be developed in an upcoming Director’s Meeting. Next, after a brief summary of the history of the annual assessment, the years of keeping it the same amount while faced with growing costs, the floor was opened as to the resident’s view of increasing the annual charge. It was generally felt that some increase would be inevitable. The final decision as to any increase would be discussed and voted upon by the 2014 directors at the next Director’s Meeting.
Next meeting would be held on March 24, 2014 at the Hosegood residence.
Annual Meeting adjourned at 7:53. Moved to accept by Allen, seconded by Brenda.
Woodlake Garden Patio Homes Board of Directors Meeting
Held at Director Brenda Hosegood’s residence, March 24, 2014
Directors present: Pat Wagner, Nancy Ross, Lin Williams, Brenda Hosegood, Allen Wright
Meeting called to order at 6:37 pm.
Treasurer’s Report was given and accepted by Pat, seconded by Allen. Secretary’s Minutes of last Directors Meeting was read and moved to accept by Brenda, seconded by Lin.
The revamping of the four circles was targeted as progressive projects to be accomplished over the next two years. Each circle has been somewhat neglected and trees, plants, posts, etc. have rotted, died or become diseased. It was discussed that a committee could be formed to make recommendations as to design and proposed costs, taking one circle at a time. Brenda moved that the architectural committee could head this project up.
The Architectural Committee is always headed up by the vice president, one additional Director and one to two non-director resident/owners.
The Beautification Award was discussed next. It was determined that the award would be bestowed quarterly with the presentation of some notice to be posted in the recipient’s yard for all to see. Nancy nominated Pat Wagner to head this up. That committee will determine the details and report back.
Election of officers: After much discussion, suggesting, volunteering and retracting, the following positions will be held for the 2014 Woodlake Garden Patio Homes Board of Directors: Allen Wright, President; Pat Wagner, Vice President; Brenda Hosegood, Secretary; Nancy Ross,
Treasurer. With this order established, Nancy moved to accept as slated, Brenda seconded.
New President, Allen Wright now opened the floor to discuss the annual fee and what amount the assessment should be increased. After a brief discussion, it was established that a $10 increase would be both fair (approx. 83 cents a month) and needed to cover increasing recurring expenses as well as to provide at least a modest budget for neighborhood upkeep. Brenda moved to increase the annual fee by $10.00 and Lin seconded the motion. The motion was carried unanimously by the Directors.
With no further business, meeting adjourned at 8:00 pm. Move to adjourn, Lin; Nancy seconded.
Next meeting: April 21, 2014 at the Ross residence.
Meeting held on April 21, 2014 was held. After a brief business meeting, the Directors adjourned and commenced with folding, stuffing, sealing, addressing and stamping the annual assessment notices to go out to all the owners. The next Directors meeting date to be announced.
Time: 6:30 pm
See sign posted at neighborhood entrances, 3 days before, for details.
The annual meeting will be March 19, 2014 7:00 PM at the Women’s Club. There will be 15 minutes at the beginning devoted to a “meet and greet” period with the meeting to be called to order about 7:15. Light refreshments will be available.
Woodlake Garden Patio Homes Board of Director’s Meeting.
February 17, 2014 held at the William’s home on Whitman Dr. Meeting was called to order 6:33 PM.
Directors present; Nancy Ross, Allen Wright, Lin Williams, Brenda Hosegood, Pat Wagner.
David Henry was also present as an owner.
Lin Williams read the Treasurer’s Report which included totals in both saving and checking accounts. There was a motion to accept by Allen which was seconded by Brenda and carried.
Allen read the Secretary’s Minutes and a motion was made to accept as read by Brenda and seconded to accept by Lin and carried.
1) The acknowledgement of the Neighborhood Newsletter having been designed, printed and delivered throughout the neighborhood was noted.
1) It was noted that someone has dumped their tree trimmings in the center of the Circle at the end of Mariner Rd. The circles are not dumping grounds for anyone and all trimmings should be kept at the front of the owner’s yard for the city to pick up.
2) There was an open discussion regarding the circles and the observations that they are deteriorating in appearance, trees have died, ground looks unkempt and the posts around the circles are rotting and in need of replacement.
3) The upcoming budget was discussed as to any deviation from the proposed budget expenditures. It was reviewed that the sign replacements and additional meeting announcement signs were the major exceptions and were a one-time cost. Additionally –
4) Several costs have increased this year, especially the insurances. It was discussed that we are now at or beginning to exceed the income vs. the yearly expenses. It was debated as to the probable increase to the annual assessment that is emanate. The raise the current $70 charge, which has remained the same for many years, by $10 to 20.00 seemed reasonable. It was agreed that it would be a subject of discussion at the annual meeting, but in the end, the increase would no doubt be passed.
5) The annual meeting will be March 19, 2014 7:00 PM at the Women’s Club. There will be 15 minutes at the beginning devoted to a “meet and greet” period with the meeting to be called to order about 7:15. Light refreshments will be available and everyone present agreed to contribute toward that end.
6) Going around the table, those who are willing to serve another year of their 3 year term was counted. The suggestion of additional owners who may be willing to serve was offered. Several present were willing to invite such owners to volunteer to serve.
7) Pat brought up that we should sponsor a “Beautification Award” for our neighborhood. It was warmly accepted by the directors and a promise to follow up soon after the next administration takes seat.
End of New Business
The election of new officers will be held the first meeting after the Annual Meeting in March. That Board of Director meeting will be held on March 24, 2014 at Brenda Hosegood’s home.
Adjournment of the meeting was called at 7:33 after so moved by Brenda and seconded by Pat. Following the adjournment, the directors remained to stuff envelopes and prepare the mailout to all the owners regarding the upcoming Annual Meeting.