Woodlake Garden Patio Homes Board of Director’s Meeting.
February 17, 2014 held at the William’s home on Whitman Dr. Meeting was called to order 6:33 PM.
Directors present; Nancy Ross, Allen Wright, Lin Williams, Brenda Hosegood, Pat Wagner.
David Henry was also present as an owner.
Lin Williams read the Treasurer’s Report which included totals in both saving and checking accounts. There was a motion to accept by Allen which was seconded by Brenda and carried.
Allen read the Secretary’s Minutes and a motion was made to accept as read by Brenda and seconded to accept by Lin and carried.
1) The acknowledgement of the Neighborhood Newsletter having been designed, printed and delivered throughout the neighborhood was noted.
1) It was noted that someone has dumped their tree trimmings in the center of the Circle at the end of Mariner Rd. The circles are not dumping grounds for anyone and all trimmings should be kept at the front of the owner’s yard for the city to pick up.
2) There was an open discussion regarding the circles and the observations that they are deteriorating in appearance, trees have died, ground looks unkempt and the posts around the circles are rotting and in need of replacement.
3) The upcoming budget was discussed as to any deviation from the proposed budget expenditures. It was reviewed that the sign replacements and additional meeting announcement signs were the major exceptions and were a one-time cost. Additionally –
4) Several costs have increased this year, especially the insurances. It was discussed that we are now at or beginning to exceed the income vs. the yearly expenses. It was debated as to the probable increase to the annual assessment that is emanate. The raise the current $70 charge, which has remained the same for many years, by $10 to 20.00 seemed reasonable. It was agreed that it would be a subject of discussion at the annual meeting, but in the end, the increase would no doubt be passed.
5) The annual meeting will be March 19, 2014 7:00 PM at the Women’s Club. There will be 15 minutes at the beginning devoted to a “meet and greet” period with the meeting to be called to order about 7:15. Light refreshments will be available and everyone present agreed to contribute toward that end.
6) Going around the table, those who are willing to serve another year of their 3 year term was counted. The suggestion of additional owners who may be willing to serve was offered. Several present were willing to invite such owners to volunteer to serve.
7) Pat brought up that we should sponsor a “Beautification Award” for our neighborhood. It was warmly accepted by the directors and a promise to follow up soon after the next administration takes seat.
End of New Business
The election of new officers will be held the first meeting after the Annual Meeting in March. That Board of Director meeting will be held on March 24, 2014 at Brenda Hosegood’s home.
Adjournment of the meeting was called at 7:33 after so moved by Brenda and seconded by Pat. Following the adjournment, the directors remained to stuff envelopes and prepare the mailout to all the owners regarding the upcoming Annual Meeting.